to have Courage....In Family Life, In Spirituality, In Health, In Living Simply

I'm on a journey...... as we all are. Learning, remembering, re-discovering about health, spirituality, relationships, emotions and the mind.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Microwave Ovens

We are still in White Rock due to several different circumstances.  Not much exciting, but necessary.  So, I thought I'd share this with you.

It's in almost all of our friends and family's kitchens.  Crossing the country and staying with friends and acquaintances, I saw it in basically everybody's house.  Some may never use it, but I think most of them did.  It's an assumption that we have one.  And it was automatically put on my dd's wedding list for gifts (by somebody other than my dd, cuz she didn't want one!)  It's assumed you'll have and use it, like using a TV.

But here is some info from Dr Mercola about why we shouldn't be using a microwave for heating our foods.

We got rid of our microwave about 8 years ago now.  And I admit, although it wasn't something we had cooked with but reheated or melted butter with, it was an adjustment when we got rid of it.  But you know, it hardly takes anymore time to melt butter for popcorn in a pot on the stove than to pop it into the micro.  And my dd's found they preferred to fry up left-over pizza in a cast-iron frying pan than in the micro.  And we know we are doing our body better.

No comments:

Post a Comment