to have Courage....In Family Life, In Spirituality, In Health, In Living Simply

I'm on a journey...... as we all are. Learning, remembering, re-discovering about health, spirituality, relationships, emotions and the mind.

Monday, February 8, 2010

New Linen Skirt for the Simple Life

When in Halifax with Danaka we made a stop in at the Value Village, and I was thrilled to find this 100% linen wrap skirt in with the bathing suits/wraps, and picked it up for $4.  100% linen is usually very expensive, and we are gearing towards incorporating more and more linen into our wardrobes and bedding.  But here I was, blessed with a second-hand simple skirt in great condition and cheap!!  

If you want to know why we are changing to linen you can read about it over at our trimarx website. I also shared about linen here.

This skirt was a couple sizes too small, but since it was a wrap I just moved the button a bit, and voila!  

Then fantastic news this morning......I had to move the button back towards where it started, because I've lost some more weight.  Hip Hip Horray!  
************************
Just to share a secret with you......I've lost about 17 pounds now since Samuel was born.  I say 'about' because at the time of his birth we didn't own a scale.  But now we do. So it's a close proximation.

Anyways, I'm pretty excited.  I'll continue the rest of my life with The Daylight Diet (I really do need to order Paul's book) as Everette and I really believe in the philosophy behind it, and both of us are easily losing weight.  What could be better?!!

Hope more pounds come off before the wedding in June.

**********************

I find pleasures in the simple things in a simple life.
Question for You:  Is there a particular fabric that makes you feel better?  Do you have favorite clothes to wear around the house, or quickly change in to the moment you get home from work?


3 comments:

  1. Hey Karen!! So interesting about the linen!! Love it!! I was wondering if you have heard of Rawganique. Want to do a homeschool tour there this spring. Already emailed them about it. His farm is amazing as is his store. That would be one dream! That with about 10 children and maybe a few families all sharing together. Living simply and close to the earth like this website shares http://simpleliving.startlogic.com/indexoth.php?place=slcomplete/slintro.php#influence

    We will be selling and not sure where we will go. If Cory's health were 100%, we could be more flexible, but definitely selling it all and then getting a motorhome and just living in it for awhile while looking for housesitting jobs or living at campgrounds. I never heard back from that realtor yet about GF. Thats odd actually, will re-send. Congrats on those 17lbs!! You look so vibrant, happy and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice skirt my friend. Good find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Shelley, I actually ordered some clothes from Rawganique....another linen skirt. Love wearing it. Wraps are great for losing weight since so adjustable. Now 21+ lbs off!
    A tour of the farm is a great idea. Maybe we could join u when we are out there?
    I'm gonna go check out that simple living site u mentioned, right now. Thanks for the input.

    ReplyDelete