to have Courage....In Family Life, In Spirituality, In Health, In Living Simply

I'm on a journey...... as we all are. Learning, remembering, re-discovering about health, spirituality, relationships, emotions and the mind.

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Lord is My Shepherd



From the Tanach:

A Psalm by David.
Hashem is my shepherd, I shall not lack.
In lush meadows He lays me down, beside tranquil waters He leads me.
He restores my soul. He leads me on paths of righteousness for His Name's sake.
Though I walk in the valley overshadowed by death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me. Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in view of my tormentors. You anointed my head with oil, my cup overflows.
May only goodness and kindness pursue me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the House of Hashem for long days.

**************

I've heard this well known Psalm alot recently, and had a few thoughts to share about it. But first, I've never heard it quite like Princess Abby:




A thought:

Even though we walk thru the valley of the shadow of death ....the shadow isn't the same thing as death itself. Just like our shadow isn't actually us. It may resemble us, look alot like us, but it isn't us. So things in our life might look like death....physical death, or death of a dream, or death of a relationship, etc.....but it isn't necessarily death in reality. This might just be a season, a transition, a walking through a valley that we will soon exit into a land where we don't see those same shadows.

***********************************************************

Never fear shadows.

They simply mean there's a light shining somewhere nearby."

~Ruth E. Renkel


Question for You: Are you presently feeling that you are in the Valley of the Shadow of Death? Can you feel or even believe that there is a Light shining somewhere nearby?

No comments:

Post a Comment