to have Courage....In Family Life, In Spirituality, In Health, In Living Simply

I'm on a journey...... as we all are. Learning, remembering, re-discovering about health, spirituality, relationships, emotions and the mind.

Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Sum of Five

We are ‘the sum of the five people we
spend the most time with’, so who are you
sharing your time and energy with…?


Possibilities to include in the five 'people' would be anybody or anything that is influential in your life.  So, that could include such things/people as television, a particular author you read and re-read, God, etc.

Something to consider is, that if we become more and more like those that we surround ourselves with, are they people that we really aspire to be like? 

I had a friend in high school that, whenever I hung out with her my mother 'knew it'.  When I'd get home, she'd say, "You were with (my friends name), weren't you?" because I had picked up some 'bad vibes' or whatever you want to call it, just from being with my friend.  I'd ask Mom "How did you know?"  and she'd say "I can just tell."  I had 'become' something like my friend.

That can be taken as good or as bad.  The point is, we are influenced by those we spend the most time with.  Are we being careful who we allow to influence us?

Proverbs 12:26 says
  A righteous man is cautious in friendship,
       but the way of the wicked leads them astray.


No comments:

Post a Comment