to have Courage....In Family Life, In Spirituality, In Health, In Living Simply

I'm on a journey...... as we all are. Learning, remembering, re-discovering about health, spirituality, relationships, emotions and the mind.

Friday, March 26, 2010

Lost an Anders (and a Mitchell?)

Okay, it isn't serious, but it's exciting!  

Anders weighs 34 pounds.  
And I've released that same amount!
In the past 4 months I've lost 34 pounds!


I have been part of an 11 Week Initiative
thru Raw Food Rehab where I've lost 
20.5 pounds alone in the past 11 weeks.

Am I excited?  
Absolutely!
Am I finished?
Absolutely Not!
I'm joining the next Initiative,
& continuing with the Daylight Diet
Forever!
Not being mastered by food.

Everette took Before and After photos
as part of the Initiative,
and I don't like what I see.
Even yet.
But now I'm doing something about it.
Happier about where I'm headed.
I never felt that fat!
That's what I look like???
Yikes.

It's exciting to watch the numbers slowly decrease on the scale. 
But when I actually compare it to something else, 
other than 34 blocks of butter, 
(which although its gross to think about all that fat, 
I can't actually picture 34 blocks of it,)
I know exactly what it feels like 
to carry that 34 pound son up a flight or two of stairs to his bed. 
 I was carrying that 24/7.
Not any more.

I'm proud of what I've accomplished.
Proud of US!!

Everette has lost over 40 pounds, 
from his highest weight.  
Now he's lighter than he remembers being
even in highschool!!
I've never known him to weigh this amount.

He's looking incredible.


That means that him and I together have lost
a whole 
Mitchell!!  


PS....Everette and I have actually changed our lifestyles over the past few years, but now that he's 'On Board' its WAY easier, and now we are starting to see real changes.  We are doing this for our health.....our own, and our children's.  The weight loss is a measurable result of the changes.

We can't say enough about Paul Nison's book:
The Daylight Diet; Divine Eating for Superior Health and Digestion

1 comment:

  1. so happy for you! Losing an Anders? That's incrediable!

    Natasha

    ReplyDelete