to have Courage....In Family Life, In Spirituality, In Health, In Living Simply

I'm on a journey...... as we all are. Learning, remembering, re-discovering about health, spirituality, relationships, emotions and the mind.

Monday, July 6, 2009

Raw 'Eggnog'


This feeds my rich, creamy desire for a treat, but is fairly healthy, depending on your personal criteria as to what makes something healthy.

I put a handful of almonds into a blender with about 1.5 cups water. I blend to make an almond milk. You can put it through a fine sieve to clear out the fine almond particles which would make it smoother, but I don't. I just keep all the goodies in there.

I add about 2 frozen peeled bananas, sometimes a raw egg, a splash of vanilla extract. Blend until smooth.

Top with or gently mix in whatever spices you like (eg allspice, cinnamon, nutmeg). I'm not sure that 'eggnog' would be eggnog without nutmeg.

Enjoy! I do.....guilt free.


Question for You: What's your favorite smoothie?

No comments:

Post a Comment