to have Courage....In Family Life, In Spirituality, In Health, In Living Simply

I'm on a journey...... as we all are. Learning, remembering, re-discovering about health, spirituality, relationships, emotions and the mind.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Victory!

The word came loudly as I was hanging up freshly laundered curtains in the living room. Victory in Jesus. Not by my own strength, but in Jesus and what He accomplished on the cross. Victory over my sin. Victory over sickness and disease. Victory over poverty.

Victory is mine. Not because of my own strength. Not because I'm a really nice person . Not because I was born to Bible-believing parents. There is nothing I have to do to be victorious really, except to believe that God's word is truth. When I believe it, then I will start applying those truths to my life.

I use these following scriptures to decree what the truth is, no matter how I am feeling or what my mind tells me. I accept the Word of the Lord to be truth, over and above what I might see happening around me. I know that He is Truth, and He cannot lie (Titus 1:2)

Rom 8: 37-39 Yet amid all these things we are more than conquerors and gain a surpassing victory through Him Who loved us. For I am persuaded beyond doubt (am sure) that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities, nor things impending and threatening nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation will be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

2 Cor 2:14 (AMP)
But thanks be to God, Who in Christ always leads us in triumph [as trophies of Christ's victory] and through us spreads and makes evident the fragrance of the knowledge of God everywhere,

2 Corinthians 5:17, 21
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!
God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

2 Cor 10: 3-5 (NIV)
For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

1 Peter 2:9(NLT)
But you are not like that, for you are a chosen people. You are royal priests,[a] a holy nation, God’s very own possession. As a result, you can show others the goodness of God, for he called you out of the darkness into his wonderful light.

John 8:36 So if the Son sets you free, you are truly free.


Eph 4:27 (NIV) (I) do not give the devil a foothold.

Eph 6:14 (NIV)
Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place,

1 John 1:9(AMP)
If we [freely] admit that we have sinned and confess our sins, He is faithful and just (true to His own nature and promises) and will forgive our sins [dismiss our lawlessness] and [continuously] cleanse us from all unrighteousness [everything not in conformity to His will in purpose, thought, and action].

1 John 2:1 (AMP)
My little children, I write you these things so that you may not violate God's law and sin. But if anyone should sin, we have an Advocate (One Who will intercede for us) with the Father--[it is] Jesus Christ [the all] righteous [upright, just, Who conforms to the Father's will in every purpose, thought, and action].

Rev 12:11 (NIV)
They overcame him
by the blood of the Lamb
and by the word of their testimony;

Isa 54:17 (NLT)
But in that coming day
no weapon turned against you will succeed.
You will silence every voice
raised up to accuse you.

These benefits are enjoyed by the servants of the Lord;
their vindication will come from me.
I, the Lord, have spoken
!

Col 1:13 (NASB)
For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son,

2 Tim 1:7(AMP)
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity (of cowardice, of craven and cringing and fawning fear), but [He has given us a spirit] of power and of love and of calm and well-balanced mind and discipline and self-control.

Psalm 27:1 (AMP)
The Lord is my Light and my Salvation--whom shall I fear or dread? The Lord is the Refuge and Stronghold of my life--of whom shall I be afraid?

Deut 28:13 (NIV)
The LORD will make you the head, not the tail. If you pay attention to the commands of the LORD your God that I give you this day and carefully follow them, you will always be at the top, never at the bottom.

Psa 91:7 (NLT)
Though a thousand fall at your side,
though ten thousand are dying around you,
these evils will not touch you.

Luke 10:19 (AMP)
Behold! I have given you authority and power to trample upon serpents and scorpions, and [physical and mental strength and ability] over all the power that the enemy [possesses]; and nothing shall in any way harm you.

I am a big fan of reading or listening to Decrees. I use them to get my heart and mind onto what the Lord says pertaining my life. I know that satan is the father of lies, and loves to feed falsehood to me at every corner (John 8:44). But I refuse to listen to him. The best way is to defute those lies with the Truth, which is Jesus.

Remember, "I cannot afford to have a thought in my head about me that is not in His." Bill Johnson

To keep thoughts about me that are not in His, is to believe a lie. To accept and believe His Word about me, is to know the truth and the truth will set you free. (John 8:32)


Question for You: Do you use Decrees?

No comments:

Post a Comment