It seems like at every new turn we are unloading more and more stuff.
But now we have a big house, fairly empty still although there are 10 of us in here (Layne is visiting). Little furniture is making it uncomfortable in the living room with just some pillows and blankets we call 'the couch'. But we are managing.
Taking a break from all the school stuff I've been busy with over the past few weeks, I checked out some of my favourite minimalist sites and was thrilled to find the Project 333. When I read about it, I got excited to join in, and then a bit of panic rushed through my veins when I thought I'd have to pack away some of my stuff.
Project 333 is about restricting your wardrobe to just 33 items for 3 months, Oct 1- Dec 31. That includes footwear, winter gear, etc. Box excess stuff up, and put it out of sight for 3 months. And at the end of the Project one might (easily) find that they don't even need the boxed items anymore!!
So, I checked out my closet and discovered (ahhhhh) I already had less than 33 items there. So......I get to keep them ALL!!
Beside that is some of the boys' out-of-season clothes.
Also not pictured are my 2 rings (other than wedding rings) my pendant and 1 set of silver earrings.
I believe my count is 31, including the pieces of jewelry and other non-pictured things I mentioned above. That's without doing anything to my wardrobe. I'm delighted!!
And then the other side of this big walk-thru closet.......
Some Bibles and tallits on the top shelf, along with an empty iron box and about 4 pairs of shorts/swimwear.
The lower shelf is folded t-shirts and sweat shirts, a couple pairs of pants and a box with his socks and underwear. He's really pared down, too.
I know its past the Start Date, but if you are interested in joining in, here's the rules:
- When: October 1 – December 31 (It’s never too late to start so join in anytime!)
- What: 33 items including clothing, accessories, jewelry, outerwear and shoes.
- What not: these items are not counted as part of the 33 items – wedding ring, underwear, sleep, in-home lounge wear, and workout clothing (you can only wear your workout clothing to workout)
- How: over the next two months, outline your 33 items, by the 1st of October, box up the remainder of your fashion statement, seal it with tape and put it out of site.
- What else: consider that you are creating a wardrobe that you can live, work and play in for three months. If you purchase items for project 333, stick with the one in, two out approach. Consider the essentials and stick to 33.
I'd love to hear if you join in. Leave a comment below, and let me know how you approach this challenge.