to have Courage....In Family Life, In Spirituality, In Health, In Living Simply

I'm on a journey...... as we all are. Learning, remembering, re-discovering about health, spirituality, relationships, emotions and the mind.

Monday, August 2, 2010

My Morning Routine

Ok, 'routine' might not be completely accurate as with still having littles at my feet can make it difficult to get everything I hope to do for myself accomplished in an orderly manner consistently first thing in the morning.  But 'routine' is the best word I can think to use that is, well, understandable.

(Sorry, Beatrix, that its taken so long to get around to posting my 'routine', but better late than never, huh?)

~I get out of bed anywhere from 5:30-7am.  I think it should be more consistent, but because we still have Littles my sleep is often disturbed so I allow myself the freedom to stay in bed longer some mornings when the Littles also allow it.  My sleep & quality is really random at this stage in life, and I have to Go With The Flow.  Some mornings, like today, I can successfully sneak out of  bed about 4:30am and go unnoticed by Laars, but many mornings I lay awake in bed meditating/praying so not to disturb sleeping boys. 

~ Potty Break!  Some mornings I do an enema to help my body eliminate from the nights cleansing.  This isn't on any kind of 'schedule'.  I do it as I feel (intuitively) that my body wants/needs it, and as time permits

~Body Scrub (the T-Tapp way) to help with elimination, and improve circulation to skin

~Brush hair with firm brush (or  you could use a wooden comb) to get tangles out, then scrub scalp & clean hair with a Boar Bristle Brush to improve circulation and distribute natural oils for healthy hair.  This needs to be done in small sections, methodically working over my skull.  I have found I can't use the Boar Bristle Brush alone as it would take infinity to work out the knots in my thick hair.  That's why I start with a stiff brush.

~Scrub Face (with a softer brush than a body brush) vigorously to improve circulation, gently exfoliate.  At same time I do some face squints and stretches for toning.

~Spray body, face and hair with homemade blend of essential oils in water.  I just put water in a small spray bottle and add EO's as I like, but usually some blend including  (or even solely) cinnamon as I like a spicy smell versus  flowery.  I often use lavender, or geranium, but never leave out my cinnamon.  Endless possibilities.

~Apply jojoba oil to my face and neck for moisture and sun-protection (SPF 4)

~Do Hoe-Downs

~Drink at least 1 glass (if not 2 glasses) of filtered water

~Putter in the kitchen and help littles with their own morning 'routines'

~Drink a glass of fresh juice (if Chelle or Everette make it), or make myself a glass of water with 1 oz aloe vera gel, juice of one lemon, a tsp or so of unpasteurized honey, maybe a pinch of cayenne pepper

~If I'm feeling ravenous (which isn't often, especially when I've drank enough fluids), I will eat an apple (or Laars' leftover apple cores with lots of flesh still on them) OR our version of Muesli.....  I soak about 1/2 cup of organic rolled oats with hot water, add a couple chopped dates, some goji berries and a few shakes of unsweetened coconut.

~Then its usually time for cuddles with little ones and maybe do some reading with them, or sit & have a discussion with Everette or read aloud with him.  This is our Connection Time, if the littles allow it ;)  or we fit it in some other time of the day.




I'll try and post an Evening Routine later.

No comments:

Post a Comment