to have Courage....In Family Life, In Spirituality, In Health, In Living Simply

I'm on a journey...... as we all are. Learning, remembering, re-discovering about health, spirituality, relationships, emotions and the mind.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Digital Sabbatical

I've been taking a break from the computer every Saturday now for the past few months, and then I decided I liked it enough to add another Day-Off per week, so since Nov 30th I've been taking Tuesdays off too.

But I think I want more.

So, I'm jumping into taking a week break from the computer.  One whole week.

This has come about partly from reading this and this.

I find that the computer has added alot of simplicity to my life.  Like shooting off a quick email, or researching some trivia when the children ask a question and I don't know the answer.  I like keeping my genealogy on the computer, etc.  But I know that it robs me of alot of time every day that I sit there.

Not that its bad.  But maybe there is something better to do with my time???

Yup.  Spend time with my lovely family.  And that's what I'm going to be doing this week.  With some family coming home for the Holidays (we don't really Do Christmas, so I don't know what else to call it, but everybody basically gets a break from school or work, so it is a holiday).

So, I'm planning to be offline from Dec 23-29 (other than posting a quick photo for the December Photo Project I signed up for).

I trust that however you Celebrate Christmas or the Holidays or whatever, that you take time to breathe deeply, be in the moment with those around you, look into people's eyes and connect with their hearts.  Be mindful in everything you do, as if its the only thing you have to do today.

Blessings to all of you, my friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment